Starting point for calculation
Śastra provides few points as starting points but for phalita (predicitng) we use:
- This option is of choice when Kendra to Lagna is stronger than Kendra to Moon.
- Lagna-Vimshottari demands rectification up to D-60 chart, so if this is not available we should use Chandra Vimshottari.
- This should be chosen when Kendra to Moon are strong.
- Chandra Vimshottari is always accurate and shows society interaction and our desires involved.
- Some famous astrologers were very accurate using only Chandra Vimshottari.
Ø Utpanna (fifth star)
- Shows śrishtri (creation) and means that native focused on creating something innovative for the society, this will show how this process of creation evolves.
- This Dasa should be used when Moon is in third, eight or sixth, eleventh.
- Moon in third, sixth, eight or eleventh shows weak relation with the ‘tides’ of the society and Chandra-Vimshottari may not be so accurate for these charts.
Whilst analysing the strength of Moon/Lagna if arrived at equal strength we should see if Ju/Me or Nakshatra Lord aspects by Rashi Dristi Moon or Lagna. If still equal, then Moon-Vimshottari should be chosen.
Ref : Rafal Gendarz’s post on rohinaa forum