Rules for analysis of Karakamsa (the sign occupied by Atmakaraka in Navamsa):
1. If Aries becomes Karakamsa, there will be trouble from the rats or cats.
2. If Taurus becomes Karakamsa, trade or business is expected.
3. If Gemini becomes Karakamsa and is aspected by benefic planets, one may develop corpulence. By the aspect of malefic planets to Gemini Karakamsa, one may suffer from eczema, itches etc.
4. If Cancer becomes Karakamsa, aspected by benefic planets, the native may suffer from dropsy or ascites. If the malefic planets aspect Cancer Karakamsa, the native may suffer from white or black leprosy.
5. If Leo becomes Karakamsa, the native may suffer from the disease due to dog-bite.
6. If Virgo becomes Karakamsa, the results of Gemini Karakamsa viz. Corpulence and itch may be mentioned. If the malefic planets aspect Virgo Karakamsa, fear from accident may be expected.
7. If Libra becomes Karakamsa, the native lives by business or he is clever in affairs of sale and purchase.
8. If Scorpio becomes Karakamsa, in its first half, danger from water, in its second half, danger from reptiles may be apprehended. First half means the longitude of the Atmakaraka in between 0 to 15 degrees and the second half means longitude of Atmakaraka in between 15-30 degrees.
9. If Sagittarius becomes Karakamsa, gradual fall from high place or from vehicle may happen.
10. If Capricorn becomes Karakamsa and is aspected by the aquatic planets, dangers from leeches or crocodiles may happen. If aspected by Khechara planets, danger from birds or spirits may happen. If aspected by more than two malefic planets, the native may suffer from eczema, fistula, scrofula or tumors. The Moon and Venus are aquatic planets whereas Saturn and Mercury are Khechara planets.
11. If Aquarius becomes Karakamsa, fall in still water like tank or well may happen or the native builds well and tanks.
12. If Pisces becomes Karakamsa, the native is virtuous and attains final emancipation of soul called Moksha. If Atmakaraka is placed in a benefic sign or benefic Navamsa, the native becomes rich. If benefics occupy any of the Kendras (1, 4, 7 and 10) from Atmakaraka, the native is certain to attain Rajayoga. He becomes high government officer, if Atmakaraka is exalted or placed in own or benefic Navamsa. While Navamsa Lagna is occupied by benefics and the last planet from Atmakaraka is a benefic planet, the native attains salvation or Moksha. In the above if benefics and malefics are connected, the native attains heaven. If the malefics only are connected, the native attains neither heaven nor hell.
13. If the Sun occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa, the native leads a political life. If the Sun is debilitated there, he becomes a low Government servant or often gets defeated in politics.
14. If the Moon and Venus occupy the 2nd house from Karakamsa, the native luxurious and erudite, earning by the dissemination of learning to others. The Moon there is responsible for giving riches and luxuries, while Venus is responsible for his earnings through scholarships. The quantum of the above results varies according to the relative strengths of the Moon and Venus by their sign placement and longitudes.
15. If Mars occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa, make threefold predictions:
(i) Mars 0-10 degrees metallurgy, chemicals etc.
(ii) Mars 10-20 degrees wears a weapon by name Kunta
(iii) Mars 20-30 degrees goldsmithy, blacksmithy, cooking etc.
If the native is a Brahmin, he may live by paurohitya, cremation rites, homas and yajnas etc.
16. If Mercury occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa make four fold predictions:
(i) 0-7 deg 30 min Businessman or merchant
(ii) 7 deg 30 min – 15 deg Weavers, cloth merchants or those connected with textiles.
(iii) 15-22 deg 30 min Sculptors
(iv) 22 deg 30 min-30 deg Litigants
17. If Jupiter occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa make three fold predictions:
(i) 0-10 deg Man of action (Karma)
(ii) 10-20 deg Man of Wisdom (Jnana)
(iii) 20-30 deg Scholar of Vedas
18. If Venus occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa make three fold predictions:
(i) 0-10 deg Politician or one who does Government job
(ii) 10-20 deg Passionate, lascivious and goes after women
(iii) 20-30 deg lives hundred years
19. If Saturn occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa, the native makes his living by performing yajnas or adheres to ancient customs and traditions or continues his ancestral vocations. In the next aphorism there are two chakras (conjunctions). Hence three results may be mentioned for Saturn in the 2nd house of Karakamsa.
(i) 0-10 deg Ancestral vocation
(ii) 10-20 deg Bodyguard or Aid de Camp
(iii) 20-30 deg A thief or a cheater
20. If Rahu occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa make five fold predictions:
(i) 0-6 deg Ancestral vocation
(ii) 6-12 deg Bodyguard or Aid de Camp
(iii) 12-18 deg Thief
(iv) 18-24 deg Druggist or doctor dealing with poisonous drugs
(v) 24-30 deg Service in factories in the manufacture of machines
21. If Ketu occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa make two fold predictions:
(i) 0-15 deg Trade of Elephants
(ii) 15-30 deg Thief
22. If Saturn and Rahu occupy the 2nd house from Karakamsa, the native always chews betel-leaves or sells them.
23. The Moon in 4th house from Karakamsa aspected by Venus makes the native a prosperous navigator. The same can be mentioned about the Moon in Sagittarius aspected by Venus.
24. If the Moon alone occupies the 4th house from Karakamsa and is aspected by the Sun and Rahu, the native dies by snake bite. If benefics aspect, then danger of death by snake bite is averted.
25. By the association of benefics alone in the above, the native becomes a curer of snake bites or a dealer of antidotes.
26. If the 4th house from Karakamsa is occupied by the Moon alone, aspected by Mars and unaspected by any other planet, his house burns away or he burns other’s houses. If the benefics also aspect, the house will be half-burnt. If the benefics along with Venus aspect, the danger of fire is averted.
27. If the 4th house of Karakamsa is occupied by the Moon and aspected by Mars and Jupiter, the houses adjacent to the native’s house may catch fire but not the native’s house.
28. If the 4th house of Karakamsa is occupied by Gulika, unaspected by the benefics, he admires poison to others. But if Gulika in the 4th house of Karakamsa is aspected by the malefics, he dies of swallowing poison.
29. If Gulika in the 4th house of Karakamsa is aspected only by the Moon and connected with benefics, the native gets the stolen money. If Gulika in the 4th house of Karakamsa receives the aspect of the Moon and is connected with the malefics, the native himself becomes a thief.
30. If Gulika in the 4th house of Karakamsa is aspected by Mercury, the native will have hydrocile or swelling of the testicles.
31. If Ketu occupies the 2nd house of Karakamsa and is aspected by the malefics, the ears of the native will be cut off. If the benefics also aspect, the native suffers from ear diseases.
32. Ketu in 2nd from Karakamsa aspected by Venus makes the native perform yajnas.
33. Ketu in 2nd from Karakamsa aspected by Saturn and Mercury makes the native a eunuch.
34. Ketu in 2nd from Karakamsa aspected by Mercury and Venus makes the native talk repeatedly or gives tautological expression.
35. If Ketu in 2nd from Karakamsa is aspected by Saturn make two predictions:
(i) Saturn in 0-15 deg associated with another planet aspect Ketu in 2nd house from Karakamsa, the native becomes ascetic.
(ii) Saturn in 15-30 deg associated with another planet aspect Ketu in 2nd house from Karakamsa, the native becomes a servant.
36. If Ketu in the 2nd house from Karakamsa is aspected by Saturn alone, the native becomes a feigned ascetic or spoiled sanyasin.
to be continued with examples and further more rules.